Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bukit Gasing Hike




The next day we headed to Bukit Gasing with some friends for a short hike. It took about 2 hrs, but there were some quite steep hills. I couldn't believe Alyssa did the entire hike all on her own. It's a good thing she and her friend McKenna brought their horses to gallop through the rainforest.
The "gang": McKenna and Alyssa, Elizabeth, Ann (our fearless leader), Jon, Kate and Melina, Ivan and Kai, "sole-less" Kathleen and Steve. Hayden is the photographer's assistant.
....up, up, up....(Elizabeth was awesome with Alyssa)
Unfortunately, you can't see the ropes we had to use to pull us up parts of the hill in this picture ~ reason being, if I took a picture at that time I may not have made it up
Across the narrow, swinging bridge, high above the gorge...good thing it had netting on the sides
...and of course, a wild bee's nest

No comments: