Ready to Rally??? The MKIS Road Rally is a pretty exciting event! Hannah (purple, drama teacher) organized our team ~ the Bigwigs ~ (the theme this year was "Rockin Road Rally" so you had to come as a band ~ real or make believe)~ I had asked Steve if he wanted to go and he balked at the fact we would be wearing costumes and running around KL looking for answers to clues, so I went with Hannah. We had a great team with our secret weapon being Fay (blue). Hannah and I are both new to KL this year and Hannah's husband (also Steve, also Canadian) works at another school and is not familiar with our end of town. We had discussed if we were competetive and if we were going to have fun or going to win...consensus was fun until we stepped out of the car...then we only wanted to win. We were the first ones to finish the race, but unfortunately came in 1 point behind the winning team (who finished last in the time category I might add). Not a bad finish for a bunch of newbies ~ plus it was a riot to see people looking at us as we ran through neighborhoods and malls in our wigs, ambitiously looking for answers to the questions. Maybe I'll convince Steve to do it next year...I wonder what the theme will be...
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
MKIS Road Rally
Ready to Rally??? The MKIS Road Rally is a pretty exciting event! Hannah (purple, drama teacher) organized our team ~ the Bigwigs ~ (the theme this year was "Rockin Road Rally" so you had to come as a band ~ real or make believe)~ I had asked Steve if he wanted to go and he balked at the fact we would be wearing costumes and running around KL looking for answers to clues, so I went with Hannah. We had a great team with our secret weapon being Fay (blue). Hannah and I are both new to KL this year and Hannah's husband (also Steve, also Canadian) works at another school and is not familiar with our end of town. We had discussed if we were competetive and if we were going to have fun or going to win...consensus was fun until we stepped out of the car...then we only wanted to win. We were the first ones to finish the race, but unfortunately came in 1 point behind the winning team (who finished last in the time category I might add). Not a bad finish for a bunch of newbies ~ plus it was a riot to see people looking at us as we ran through neighborhoods and malls in our wigs, ambitiously looking for answers to the questions. Maybe I'll convince Steve to do it next year...I wonder what the theme will be...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment