Wednesday, December 2, 2009

China Day 8 ~Wedding Day

The "bestmen" ~ Nathan, Steve, Tim and Gavin ~ left the hotel wedding day morning bright and early (8 a.m.). Alyssa was also included, but since she did not want to be a best man, Jeremy allowed her to be called the best flower girl. Hayden and I hung out at the hotel as we thought it might be a little much driving and standing around for him (turns out it wasn't, but oh well). First they decorated the cars then went to Carol's apartment. When they arrived at Carol's apartment, they set off fireworks to announce their arrival.The "bestmen"~ Nathan, Tim, Steve and Gavin left the hotel bright and early wedding morning.
Apparently shortly after that, Jeremy was mobbed for Angpows ~ red packets with money inside which are traditional at Chinese weddings.

After "beating off" the people trying to get the red packets, Jeremy made it to Carol's door, where he had to give more packets to get them to open it and allow him in. A few more games followed, but finally he made it to Carol's room.
His next job was an endurance test as he had to carry Carol (good thing she is tiny) down five flights of stairs to the car ~ the tradition is that the bride does not touch the ground until she arrives at her new husband's house (the hotel in this case).

The arrival at the hotel...I'm sure Alyssa was dying to get a picture with beautiful Carol. She play "Carol getting married" (shh I'm not supposed to tell) until the dinner that evening...trying on various "dresses" of Grandma Isy's.
Mom and Dad received Jeremy and Carol in their hotel room. I think they had given them tea, but I hadn't yet made it when this picture was taken. Look how fancy Jeremy looks! I don't think I've ever seen him in a suit.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: