I titled this one..."Infatuation with a Sugar Bowl" or "Mummy Why Can't I Taste It?"
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Food, Coffee and Cafes...
Now, before I dwell on this subject, one must realize that this is not a common topic of discussion for me at the present time. Sure, Malaysia has good food, and we do eat out where we enjoy the food, but I'm talking FRENCH cafes with FRESH pasteries! This, we do not have in Malaysia, especially for the cheapo prices we paid in Laos. Plus, coffee here costs a bomb (seriously, the same price as at home or more!) and lattes are usually a la Starbucks of Coffee Bean. In Laos, American chain restaurants and fast food doesn't exist ~ which is super cool in itself (no McDonalds? My kids were floored!). We drank organically grown Lao mountain coffee which was fantastic...Anita (our travel buddy/teacher at M'KIS) hadn't had coffee in years...note the sheer pleasure of the first inhalation.


Saffron Cafe in Luang Prabang. We sat down outside, along the Mekong River, with a gorgeous view...with what turned out to be a mighty storm brewing. Needless to say, shortly after this photo, we were ushered inside where we dined with and without power. Poor Alyssa, she is so scared of thunderstorms...
My final coffee at Joma ~ true artistry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment