Friday, February 29, 2008

Here we go....

Ok, Steve has finally told work that we're off, so now I can make the official announcement on here. I have a job at Mont'Kiara International School in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I will be teaching straight Grade 2 (a welcome change after 2 years of multiage). Alyssa will be in Pre-Kindergarten at the same school full-time. As of now, Steve will be the primary caregiver of our children (although Alyssa will be a school), but this may change as he is looking for some kind of job.

We are leaving by June 25 at the latest, probably from mom and dad's as Nathan and Amy get married on June 21. The travel time, with stops and flying, is a daunting 30 hours...wondering how we will survive, but i'm sure it will be fine. Once we get there, we will be put up in a hotel while we find a place to live. We are looking at townhouse type accomodations and most are fully furnished. School starts Aug. 1, so this will allow us an opportunity to adjust to the 15 hour time change and the heat/humidity.

Although we will miss our friends, family, animals and farm, we are so excited for this new adventure. Alyssa seems excited about everything too, especially living with the monkeys, swimming with Nemo and going to school with mom. We have found someone to rent our house and look after our yard. Now, we just need to sell our vehicles, pack all our stuff and we're off. Medical, dental and optometry appointments fill our schedule, along with swimming lessons so our kids are sure to be excited about beach adventures (I am). Stay tuned as I'll try to post regular updates on our progress as well as "kid stuff".

2 comments:

Jenn said...

wow, I'm so excited for you guys - I'm so glad you have this blog so that I can "travel" with you!!

keely said...

you will have to come and visit!